Yes the world is a hot mess. But sometimes we simply need to notice the beautiful things around us. This is what I see today:
- My neighbor who’s been too sick to leave the house in a while was seen in her front yard today with a cane, smiling.
- The male goldfinches are electric yellow again.
- Our backyard looks like Ireland because of all the rain. (And for a while a duck family was living back there in our temporary pond.)
- Spence is back from dog camp loving life.
- The irises are about to bloom.
What do you see? Extra points if what you see once looked like dust.
*lyrics by Gungor.