My favorite tweet of the day yesterday via Erin Dunigan:
“If I hang out at your church will I actually meet people who are like Jesus? Or will I just hear about him? @MLabberton #GA211″
Mark Labberton nailed it.
Among the comments I’ve actually heard in the past month in Church World:
- The congregation thinks I don’t spend enough time doing my job now because I have a baby.
- We don’t want a pastor who won’t wear a robe.
- Someone told my daughter her skirt was too short for worship.
- Her sermon was not very sophisticated.
- All our pastor does is read his email all day.
- We don’t have enough money to keep the church going past October.
- Only 4 kids are registered for Vacation Bible School.
- That woman is evil.
Imagine walking into a church building and seeing people who remind you of Jesus. What would that look like?