- Brene Brown. She is one of my pastors.
- John Green. How a 36 year old man channels the mind of teenagers is a mystery and a blessing.
- There is a flashlight app for the iPhone. (Like I said, I’m a late bloomer.) No more walking home in the dark.
- Fear is genetic. And yet, we are not slaves to our genes.
- The best pastors are emotionally intelligent human beings. (Again: duh.) You can be a brilliant theologian, a savvy entrepreneur, and a poetic speaker and writer. But if you are spiritually immature, smug, and/or excessively needy, professional ministry is probably not going to work out for you.
- Many perfectly excellent pastors are broken by toxic churches. (I actually knew this years ago, but I’m still shocked about it.)
- Netflix series are 1)awesome and 2) best enjoyed via binge-watching.
- (From the brilliant mind of HH) Wild Goose is an event. Camping is an event. It’s hard to enjoy two events at the same time, which is why HH and I choose to stay here during Wild Goose. Hope to see you there in 2014.
- Brussel sprouts are not as disgusting as once believed.
Feel free to share your own discoveries. And have a Happy New Year!